Last updated: October 14, 2019
At Kindur, we take seriously our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of information about you. Kindur is committed to earning and maintaining your trust by safeguarding your Personal Information and making its protection a priority. Your “Personal Information” is data that relates to you and can – either on its own or in combination with other information – identify you as an individual.
How We Collect Information
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us
We collect certain information directly from you, such as when you fill out forms on the Platform. Types of information we may collect from you directly include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your occupation, gender, race, or nationality), Social Security number, driver’s license numbers (or comparable state-issued ID numbers), tax ID number, financial account information, as well as other information you give us on our Platform.
Information From Others
Information Required by Law
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires certain institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. We will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Information Automatically Collected
In addition to the Personal Information described above, we also may automatically collect information about the devices accessing our Platform. Some examples of this type of information include: type of device and browser you use, the type of operating system, IP addresses, location, application information, unique device identifiers, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, and crash data. The type of information we collect depends on the type of device used and its settings. The information collected from a particular browser or device may be combined with information collected from another computer or device that is linked to the browser or device from which the information was collected.
As another example, we may generate analytics based on your preferences, characteristics, use, and interactions with the Platform. Our Services may then analyze such data and generate derivative data or aggregated data as well as reports and other output.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Like many websites and online services, we may use “cookies” (see below), log files, web beacon technologies, and other automated tracking technologies to obtain certain types of information when a web browser, mobile application, or other application accesses our Platform. A cookie is a small piece of data that we transfer to a computer’s or other device’s memory for record-keeping purposes.
Pixel tags, also known as “web beacons” or “clear GIFs,” are small electronic images, often a single pixel (1x1), that may be placed on users’ hard drives. We and our advertising partners may use pixel tags to conduct analytics on the Site; to provide online advertising, including targeted advertising – also known as retargeting; and to determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. If you use a mobile device to access our Platform or Services, we may automatically record the Advertising ID (if you are using an Android device) or your Advertising Identifier (if you are using an iOS device) for advertising or analytics purposes. Your device settings may allow you to opt out of tracking using Advertising IDs or Advertising Identifiers.
How Your Information is Used
In general, we collect, use, store, and process your information to provide, enhance, and improve our Platform and Services, to develop new services, and to market our companies and the products and services we offer.
Here are some examples of how we use the information submitted, collected, received, or generated about you:
- To operate, improve, maintain, administer and further develop the Platform and Services, and to operate and support our related business activities;
- To provide and deliver products and services that you request;
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service and user support;
- To send information including confirmations, account statements, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To provide personalized experiences and recommendations, location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other targeted improvements of the Platform and Services;
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity as well as to address safety, security, or technical issues;
- To better understand how users access and use the Platform and Services;
- To conduct quality control and to fix technical and other errors or problems;
- To conduct market research;
- To respond to user desires and preferences;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and any regulatory mandate or court order;
- To use in any other manner, or for any other purpose, for which you have given express permission or consent to us.
To the extent that you share your User Content through the Platform with our other users or public forums on the Platform, that User Content also may be shared by us with other users, larger groups of users, and/or the public in general.
If you wish to subscribe to updates, news feeds, or other materials we may distribute, we will use your name and email address to send these materials to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our materials or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or you can contact us at email@example.com.
When Information is Shared with or Disclosed to Others or the Public
In order to provide the Services and in connection with our everyday business purposes and activities, we may share your Personal Information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. Examples of these third parties and services include consumer identification verification services, public accounting firms and other professional firms, and certain other vendors and service providers who perform marketing, advertising, research, and analytics services on our behalf. We have entered into agreements that require that these third parties keep your Personal Information confidential. We may also disclose your information to other third-party financial institutions (for example, if you ask to transfer assets from Kindur to another financial institution).
- Mixpanel collects and analyzes users’ movements, including across platforms, while on the Site. To learn more about Mixpanel, click here. Similarly, FullStory records and analyzes users’ activities during each session visiting the Site. To learn more, click here. Both Mixpanel and FullStory collect personal information, including information you enter on our site, which we tie to information we have about you to provide better analytics, to optimize our website, and to inform our advertising campaigns. To opt out of Mixpanel, click here. To opt-out of Full Story, click here.
- Looker maps user interactions on the Site to generate visual analytics reports. To learn more, click here.
We may allow third-party service providers to display advertisements to our users on third-party websites based on your browsing history by using cookies or other tracking technologies. For example, we may use Facebook’s advertising services, including Facebook’s Custom Audiences service, to target our advertisements to you. To learn more about Facebook Custom Audiences, including how to opt-out, click here, and to learn about Facebook’s advertising in general, including how to opt-out, click here.
To find out more about online advertising and your choices related to such advertising, including retargeted ads, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) website and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) website. You can opt out of such online based advertising by following the instructions below. Please note that the opt-out will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out, and therefore you will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile Advertising IDs or Advertising Identifiers, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work, and you will need to opt out again.
- Web Browser Opt-Out. To opt out in web browsers, please visit the opt-out pages of the Network Advertising Alliance and the Digital Advertising Alliance. To help preserve the choices that you make in the DAA’s WebChoices page, you can install the DAA’s “Protect My Choices” extension that is available here.
- Mobile Application Opt-Out. To opt out in mobile apps, you can adjust the advertising preferences on your mobile device (for example, in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking, or in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads). You can also opt out for companies that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices tool by downloading AppChoices here and following the instructions in the app. For more information about opting out on mobile devices, please see https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.
We share Personal Information among our affiliates and business units when we believe it will help enhance the Platform or Services we can provide, but only in circumstances where such sharing conforms to the law, any applicable confidentiality agreements, and our policies and practices. Additionally, we reserve the right to share your Personal Information in connection with a corporate change including a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or any relevant portion of our business or assets.
Finally, we may disclose Personal Information in specific other cases with your consent or per your instructions.
Security and the Protection of Your Information
Kindur is focused on protecting your information. We employ physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to keep your information secure. We use robust, industry-standard browser encryption; store all of your data on servers in secure facilities; and implement systematic processes and procedures for securing and storing data. We limit access to your Personal Information to only those employees with authorized access who need to know the information in order to perform their jobs, and we require third parties who perform services for us to agree to keep your information confidential. Furthermore, if you choose to close your account or your account is terminated with us, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices outlined here. If you maintain an account with us that you access through our Platform, you are responsible for protecting and maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and restricting access to your computer. While Kindur follows generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Accessing or Changing Your Information
If the Personal Information on file for you changes, or if you no longer desire access to our Platform or Services, you may update your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Services and Applications
Our Platform and Services may contain links to, interoperate with, and allow you to share content to and from third party services, websites, and applications. The fact that we link to a website, service, or application or allow you to share content with or through these third parties is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. Other websites, services, and applications follow different rules regarding the collection, use, storage, or disclosure of personal and other information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites, services, and applications you use.
Other Information for You
If you are a former customer, these policies also apply to you; we treat your information with the same care as we do information about current customers.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Online tracking is the collection of data about an individual’s Internet activity used to deliver targeted advertisements and for other purposes. Customers using certain modern browsers have the ability to activate a “Do Not Track” signal. Kindur does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
How You Accept This Policy
Changes to the Policy
Our Policy Toward Children
In order to use the Platform and other Services you must represent and warrant that you are over the age of 18 in the sign-up process. Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use the Services and must not attempt to sign-up with the Services and/or submit any Personal Information to us. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person who is under the age of 18 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected Personal Information from a person under the age of 18, we will delete this information as quickly as possible, subject to our legal and/or regulatory obligations.
Limitation of Liability
We want to hear from you if you have questions.